NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Your input has been submitted, thanks.
Club Dues for 2021
No increase this year, $15 plus only $6 for each additional family member.
Mail your check to:
ACARC, PO Box 5283, Wenatchee WA 98807
1. BIG CHANGE... The June Membership Meeting will be at the Dryden Gun Club on June 12th starting at 10:00. The meeting will be followed by our annual contribution to the Gun Club by giving the facility a nice cleaning (which they sincerely appreciate). Our president will be at the facility for 4 days in his trailer and everyone is welcome to visit or join him in camping in your rig. He will have the Club trailer up there too, so you will have an opportunity to see it (and possibly purchase) some of the great gear that has been donated to us.
2. The Club Trailer is not exactly a work in progress because it is just loaded with all the donated equipment the Club has received (computers, monitors, keyboards, radios, and it goes on). Check out some photos of just exactly what it looks like HERE. Either the fully operational gear will be sold or donated or it will have to be scrapped so as to be able to get inside the trailer and start equipping it for Club use. Stay tuned for the plan.
2. See a new item for sale in Swap & Shop, KENWOOD TM-D700A
3. Click HERE to see the website traffic report for the last month. Pretty busy and some interesting visitors!!!
4. NOW even more new Hams and equipment to see. Investigate a tab called Ham Shacks which, under direction of the Board, has been moved to the MEMBERS ONLY page.
You will see familiar faces - but now you will see their Ham Shacks too! This collection gathered together by Bill Miller W7JFJ. It's being presented in order of the year the Ham got his/her license when available. Add yours to the collection. Send to . 3/5
5. HamFest 2021 has been cancelled due to Covid-19. There will be a Clean-up Party at the Gun Club on June 12th, 2021 with a maximum of 6 volunteers to clean up the clubhouse. Contact Sal Spagnole if you are interested in helping.
6. Under SWAP & SHOP there is a sub-tab called FREE OFFERS. In this area we will have added a way to help you "get rid" of your excess "treasures". Why not offer these "gems" to others? Descriptions and Photos to:
7. After the May 1st Club Meeting at the LINK facility, there was a Tech testing session held and the result was that there is a new Ham in the fold. Her name is Taina Gordon and we wish her congratulations and welcome to the fascinating world of Amateur Radio..
ACARC'S HAM CRAM 2021 at the American Legion Hall is now over. The event was a huge success, all 7 candidates passed their tests for Technician. See more pictures of both days of the HAM CRAM under the first tab in the GALLERY or click HERE. . 4/20
Photo by Skip KE7MPO
Saturday, welcoming the candidates and letting them know what is next.
Thanks to Rich KD7MTG
Your content has been submitted
Sunday noon, the 7 new Technicians are pretty darn proud of themselves.
Photo by Dan Whaley K7ISC
Nothing like the smile of success!! Congratulations to all of you members of the Northwest Overland Society for a job well done.
An extremely special "Thank You" is due to Wenatchee American Legion Post 10 for offering ACARC the use of their facility for the weekend. It proved to be a superior venue - great, well-equipped facility and people who went way out of their way to make sure our event would be as successful as it was, especially to the Ladies Auxiliary who rescheduled their monthly meeting so there would be no conflict of two events going on at once. Forever grateful.
Attention to those of you who may have Artistic/Design talent.
There is a move afoot to possibly upgrade or re-design or modernize our club's logo. The need exists to digitize the logo for many reasons in this computer-driven age, so if we are going to do that, it is the perfect time to take a good hard look at the logo and improve it.
Give it a try and email your input to
and the Board will consider all the entries.
Below are the entries received as of 1/28/21.