NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
BAD NEWS from FCC
1. The club is running a license testing session on Jan 27th which is now full, but another session is planned for Feb 10th at 7pm and there are 3 openings for that. If interested contact Skip. Details on BECOME A HAM page. 1/19
2. Under SWAP & SHOP there is a new sub-tab called FREE OFFERS. In this area we will have added a new facility to help you get rid of your excess "treasures". Why not offer these "gems" to others? Descriptions and Photos to: email@example.com.
3. A new tab has been added titled DONATIONS. The idea here is to acknowledge donations this club has received. For those wonderful people who wish to remain anonymous, their wish will be honored The idea here is to inform our members of what some considerate, thoughtful people have given to ACARC so you can share in giving thanks to donors. 1/16
4. Matt Kozma AE7MK forwarded a link to a website run by Dave Casler KE0OG which explains just how a J-Pole antenna works in great fascinating detail. Promise it is extremely interesting; click on THIS LINK. 1/13
5. NEW ITEM added to the CLUB HISTORY page. Meeting minutes from years ago. A little hard to read, but it is fun to decipher it and catch up on a little of our forming years. 1/13
6. Preliminary steps are being taken to re-schedule the Soldering Classes we had to cancel temporarily. Watch here for scheduling time/date/location and a means to get your name on the list for these events.
7. In the last 30 days our website was viewed from - Russia, India, Myanmar - and others. Click HERE to see a cool spreadsheet showing where ALL of our viewers came from in both the States and around the world. 1/18
The January 6th Ham Test Session Results Are IN !!!
A new TECH and a returning EXTRA.
Successfully renewed his
expired Extra License !!
Attention to those of you who may have Artistic/Design talent.
There is a move afoot to possibly upgrade or re-design or modernize our club's logo. The need exists to digitize the logo for many reasons in this computer-driven age, so if we are going to do that, it is the perfect time to take a good hard look at the logo and improve it.
Give it a try and email your input to
and the Board will consider all the entries.
Below are the entries received as of 12/8.
Club Dues for 2021
No increase this year, $15 plus $6 for each additional family member.
Please take care of this obligation as soon as you are able.
Mail your check to ACARC, PO Box 5283, Wenatchee WA 98807
Click HERE to read about the tinySA
from Jim Alyn N7JA
His description, experience, and analysis of the equipment starts thus:
"For the past several months, I have been beta testing the tinySA, that is, the tiny Spectrum Analyzer.
If you’re familiar with the NanoVNA, the tinySA is exactly the same size, approximately 3.5 inches by 2.2 inches, with a screen size of 2.8 inches. The tinySA has two bands, one from basically DC to 350 MHz. The second band covers from 240 MHz to 960 MHz. The second band is basically extra functionality thrown in for free, and doesn’t have the same performance as the lower band."
...read and see more when you click on the above 'HERE"