NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
146.680 ( - offset / 156.7 ) W7TD
146.780 [ - offset / 156.7 ] N7RHT
53.390 ( - 1.700 offset / 118.8 )
Monday 10 meter gathering
8pm on 28.375
Tuesday 6 meter gathering
7:15 pm on 50.140 USB
Tuesday Night Club Net
8pm on Club 2 meter repeater
acarc NEW LicensES
scorecard as of 7/17/21
Thanks to our VEC and ve's
tech general extra
2021 18 4 2
2020 14 5 4
2019 7 5 2
2018 27 2 2
!!! Net Controls Needed !!!
If interested please email the club address. Running the Net usually takes only a half hour around once a month or so. Lessons and instruction available, there is a written script to follow -- it really is easy and fun.
U P D A T E
...has provided the club with a new (9/7/20) annotated list of area repeaters giving us more current and detailed info than you will see in The Repeater Book; click HERE to check out the .pdf file.
We still have our 50th HamFest Challenge coins for sale @ $2.50 Contact Doug Gardner at (509) 630-5940 or E-mail
1. The Board is looking at a Club Picnic to be held near September 11th. Details and location will follow.
2. Gears are turning to get the much-delayed Soldering Class back on track in the near future (9/25?). Again, specific details to follow.
3. Anticipate a very, very special door prize to be awarded at the next Club Meeting on August 7th. ONLY IF the meeting has a quorum of paid-up members at the event (need 24 - bottom line). Why? An important revision must be voted on and the quorum is required. No show? No prize. Yes it is a bribe, but it will be really worth it!
On July 20th Sugarloaf Forest Fire Lookout Ranger and Ham WA7KJ Ken Jones was the lucky (?) recipient of another visit by reps from ACARC. In this entourage were Club President Sal KA7ZDL, Jim K7MQV, and Rich K7RBC. Almost immediately upon our arrival at the 5800' tower, Ken gifted the three of us Challenge Coins for souvenirs.
FOREST FIRE LOOKOUT ASSOCIATION
Click HERE to see more pictures and story of this year's visit to Sugarloaf and Ken.
New Logo submissions on bottom of this page.
On July 1, the input form below transitioned from "test" to "official" and will continue to be available for 90 days.
(If you vote more than once, your latest vote supersedes previous votes.)
The creator of the winning Logo will receive a $50 gift certificate from the Club to be awarded at our September Club Meeting.
Members Only Call Sign
Yes or NO
Keep the old logo?
BEST BETTER GOOD
LOGO# 1 - 10
You only have to vote for one.
Comment, Suggest, Critique, Add Item, Subtract item, Color, Text - make it short .
Your content has been submitted
4. Some great pictures of the very successful Field Day event are on line. Lots of help for the event as people got out of the quarantine and back to life. Many more photos can be seen by clicking the new Tab "Field Day 2021" under GALLERY on the left. Below are a few to start with.
Stacey KB7YS has provided the above data to sum up the weekend activity.
For more pictures, go Click HERE.
5. The VE Team led by our VP, Skip, ran another FCC Test Session on Saturday July 17th after the Club meeting and as a results we have a new EXTRA!
1 New EXTRA, Stefan Cheresnik.
No photo, as requested by Stefan, but a another GREAT job.
Stefan passed both his Tech and General Tests all in one session during the past Field Day, and just handily passed his Extra today. Magnificent!
6. The Club Trailer is not exactly a work in progress because it is just loaded with all the donated equipment the Club has received (computers, monitors, keyboards, radios, and it goes on). Check out some photos of just exactly what it looks like HERE. Either the fully operational gear will be sold or donated or it will have to be scrapped so as to be able to get inside the trailer and start equipping it for Club use. Stay tuned for the plan.
7. Take a peek at THIS little celebration of the Ham Radio hobby called "Gettin' Back on the Air". Thanks to Jim N7JA for finding this nostalgic little video. You will love it, promise. +
HAM RADIO OPERATORS
Ham radio operators badly needed to help coordinate two (2) separate 100 mile foot races in remote mountains near Cle Elum, WA. No experience or running required!
1st Race. Cascade Crest 100 (Aug 28 - 29)
2nd Race. Teanaway Country 100 (Sept 11 - 12)
For more info on this public service opportunity, take a look at the article "Comm Support for Race Events", found a the bottom of the EVENTS page on this website.
Interested Hams should contact Randy, K7RHT
Below is an email sent by Randy K7RHT prompting those "on the fence" to join in with this event. You get to choose the hours you want to work. Comms are usually handled at each location by two Hams, so one can take a break between the excitement of racers zooming through the check point. It is really FUN and you meet a group of super-humans who actually can run for 100 miles and it is breathtaking.
Your content has been submitted
Tnx Jim N7JA
Attention to those of you who may have Artistic/Design talent.
There is a move afoot to possibly upgrade or re-design or modernize our club's logo. The need exists to digitize the logo for many reasons in this computer-driven age, so if we are going to do that, it is the perfect time to take a good hard look at the logo and improve it. Inputs accepted until our Sept. meeting.
Give it a try and email your input to firstname.lastname@example.org
and the Board will consider all the entries.
Below are the entries received as of 1/28/21.